• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Rigging a API tailwheel on Pitts S1S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

N360PS

Supporting Member
Reaction score
A few months back I purchased a really nice S1S. However, I don’t think the API tailwheel is rigged correctly. It takes full rudder deflection on either side to get the wheel to move which in turn make for a ‘fun’ ride on landing rollout or even just taxing. I think the chains needs to be tighter. I believe the rudder should fully deflect just before hitting the detent on the tailwheel. The tailwheel has lots of play in it so I am about to strip it down and check the condition.
Any tips on rigging/maintenance and how much rudder pedal deflection it should take before the wheel starts moving would be appreciated! I have contacted API as well.
Thanks
Nigel
KCCR

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.MOV
    25.8 MB

Latest posts

Back