• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Prop bolt?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys i recently pulled the cowl off my Eaa biplane while i timed the mags. To do that I had to remove the prop. The prop bolt have some scuffing and scarring so I thought I would replace them. I am needing an7-44 with a drilled head and cannot find anything like what I currently have on the plane. A Spruce had to price them out and the price they came back with was $41 ea! I am thinking of drilling the heads myself but it would be easier to just buy them. Am I the only person that safety wires their prop bolts on a o320 with a wooden sensenich prop and spinner? I cannot find those sizes in a drilled head anywhere if someone knows of a more reasonable place please let me know. A Spruce doesn’t even stock prop bolt sizes with drilled heads that I can find.
Thanks mark

Latest posts

Back