• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Skybolt wing rib upright location

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

russ_homans

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello all!
Well I have 22 wing ribs made from an older (20-years ago) set of plans I had. I'm at the point where I needed a full set of plans so I ordered them from Steen Aero Lab. I started reading through the documentation regarding amendments and see a reference to sheets 8 and 9. It recommends moving the uprights at 24" to 23-3/4. The reason is to eliminate the possibility of drag wire interference. Unfortunately I used the rib templates from my old plans.

I'm debating if I need to make new ribs for at least some of the spar locations. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Russ

Latest posts

Back