• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

FS: Pitts S1 - S FL (Pics!)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gotime242

Reaction score
Hey all,

I am trying to help a nice older gentlemen at the airport clean out his hangar and sell a couple things, one of them being this Pitts S1. I am not the seller of this but will do my best to answer any questions regarding it. He is the original owner and builder (who is an A&P). It a decent amount of custom fairing work on it. Good craftsmanship.

UPDATED INFORMATION:
-Logbooks Found, Phase 1 Complete, Had Airworthiness, Registration Expired
-Originally Certified in 1971 as a Short Fuselage S1C. It then flew approx 150hrs. Airframe rebuilt/recover completed 1985, with Sparcraft S1S wings. Engine overhauled.
-Times are now ATT: ~180 ETT: ~27 Since overhaul in 1985 *I need to spend more time with logs to verifty*
-While not flown, engine oil changes took place every year with 30 min runs up till 1998/1999, then the logbook entries stopped. He might have still done it and not done the entries, but it did not fly.

----------------------

-O360 with Inverted F/O
-Paint and Fabric in decent shape. Always hangared.

He is "asking" 35k. But this is mostly a "Make an Offer" type of deal and it will have to be a very flexible one. He is eager to sell.

It is a looker! That's for sure...

His name is Andy and the airplane is located at Lantana Airport, KLNA. His number is 561-358-3044.

For more information or help from me... [email protected]

Thanks!

35bxelg.jpg

rum9nn.jpg

2a9vamq.jpg

29fcklx.jpg

16hm6hy.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back