• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

S2-B on Trade-a-Plane

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdm

Registered Users
Reaction score
I just called and talked with Tony, and the plane sounds like it is very very lightly used, but taken care of with pre-oiling, etc., and living in a heated hanger in Wisconsin, along with his P-51, T-6, et al.

It's the right color scheme: Pitts red/white burst.

The only real ding I can find is that it still has the original 1987 factory fabric. If this is not a problem in the immediate future (5 years?) then this sounds great for me. If it's more likely that it really need replacing sooner, that sounds like a $30k hit, at least.

He's asking $82,500

N287PS, still in Mexico with Mexican registration, is asking $95,000. It was recovered in 2009 after an off-field landing.

Thoughts? Both sounds pretty great.

Latest posts

Back