• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Loss of rpm (CS) and oil pressure during acro, IO-360-A1A

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonas Larsson

Reaction score
Hi, so i went to the dark side and bought a Laser 230 with a CS prop. I do loose rpm during acro when doing ballistic rolles and sometimes also during hesitations roles, as when doing a cuban with 2*1/4 on the way up - when i get to invered the engine can loose 4-500 rpm sometimes. At the same time I notice that oil pressure goes down to 20-30 psi. I have changed to a new Christen Valve 802 valve, i have increased the oil pressure from 60 to 75 during normal flight - but i still have the problem. I run 15w50 Oil since it has been used in the engine all the time. The oil temp is 180-210 F during acro.

Does anyone have a suggestion on what to do? Shall I just add som more STD-425 washers in the oil pressure relief valve and go for even higher oil pressure? Max is 9 washers so i can still add 2-3 more i get a bit higher pressure that way. Or would changing to 80w be an alternative?

Br Jonas

Latest posts

Back