• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

New Paint Booth

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Walker

Gary Sky Walker
Reaction score
Biplaneforum Users,

Again I need your help. I am going to be erecting a "Paint Booth" in my large two car garage. I will be painting a Pitts S1S. I will be using the "Poly Fiber" covering and painting process. I will also be using HVLP compressor. Using as little space as possible for the "Paint Booth" will be important. I have a 20 foot long garage which will give me a 1.5 foot clearance on each end for the top wing. The "Paint Booth" can have a height of 7 feet. I have relocated the circuit breaker box to remove the explosion hazard since I am using the "Poly Fiber" system.

I need help and suggestions for the following "Paint Booth" items.

1. What width do I need to make my "Paint Booth" spraying "Poly Fiber" with a HVLP compressor?

2. Generally what is the distance from the paint nozzle to the item to be painted using a HVLP system.

3. I need recommendations for the purchase of a HVLP system. What type/kind/model HVLP system would be very helpful.

4. What kind of ventilation should I install. What size inlet and what size outlet should be used. What size air inlet filters should be used. How many box fans should I install.

5. What kind of plastic liner should I use. Can I buy a fireproof plastic liner?

6. Lighting requirements.

7. Items I should pay special attention to.

Please will free to bring up other suggestions that will help make my painting this Pitts S1S successful.
Pictures would also be great. I will gladly take calls at my cell number below.

Thanks for your Help
Gary Walker
832-656-8314

Latest posts

Back