• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Outlined N-numbers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigdog

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The paint scheme for my Rearwin uses outlined stripes and N-numbers. I've found good info on the outlined stripes but nothing on the numbers. I've got a vinyl cutter so I can make whatever paint masks I need. Even Aerographics was no help. I assume at least 2 masks are needed with registration marks. I can think of a couple ways. Mask and paint the outline color and then mask over that to paint the number. Or the reverse... Or??? What's the preferred process? Just saw a beautiful example on the Hatz thread but didn't want to hijack that. That's what I'd like to achieve. Covering is Stits with Aerothane topcoat if it matters. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• AD60F3A1-368A-43AA-B3B8-4C6CCA2E57EC.jpeg
    AD60F3A1-368A-43AA-B3B8-4C6CCA2E57EC.jpeg
    80.5 KB · Views: 0
  • C5DBBC05-FD85-4AF4-81ED-AE1B08E66EE0.jpeg
    C5DBBC05-FD85-4AF4-81ED-AE1B08E66EE0.jpeg
    102.3 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back