• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

The Laser 200 distraction

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ironman43

Reaction score
Okay so I have been "working" on an Acroduster for several years. In the mid to late eighties I started the first one. Then a divorce happened and that project "disappeared". Then after a few years and another divorce, I have managed to get another Acroduster project which I have been "working" on now for almost two years. It was interrupted by what I thought would be an easy to fix EAA biplane that I could fly from my backyard so I sold it.
Then last summer while I was visiting my kids, we went to see a Laser that had flown before and looked like an "easy" fix. Both of my boys were excited so I bought the plane. Well, I got it home and it turned out to be much more of a project than I figured. The engine was not what it was represented to be which kind of upset me but I kind of figured it would be since it was built by a non aircraft mechanic. So, the engine parts are off being overhauled. I'm going to build the engine up myself using 10:1 pistons and new crank and cam.
In the mean time, my Acroduster project is lingering. Hopefully, I will be able to work on it in the summer. I'll post some Laser photos soon and then some Acroduster photos.

Latest posts

Back