• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Chris's Model 12 Adventure...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cobradriver

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Well...I made it two weeks into the build without a question and now I'm stuck. I have an idea of how to proceed but I figure I'd post up and see if anyone had this problem...

PXL_20210705_164202250.jpg

Lower wings...top and bottom doubler holes cause plate to not be centered. I could move plate over and redrill or order a piece of ply from AS and fab a new piece.

Also the rib seems to kinda cover the bolts. Yes, the measurements are within a 1/16. Do I move the compression rib at station 76 1/4 just far enough outboard to clear the bolts and plate ? I don't think hacking the rib to fit is a good idea....

Third...
PXL_20210705_164243093.jpg

Just make a new ply doubler for the rear spar cabane mount ?

I have no idea why this fits like it does....

As an fyi...I'm a retired 30 year FedEx truck mechanic. I threw in the towel 2 years ago at 53. I'm single with zero commitments so I can work as much as I like on the Pitts. I built all the ribs in one week.

šŸ˜

Thanks !!!

Chris

Latest posts

Back