• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Helmet

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sirota

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi All. I'm flying a Hatz, gentleman acrobatics - nothing too grand. A friend recently has an event in a Husky and his head and face were pretty cut up. Since then I've been thinking about getting a hard shell helmet. Helmets designed for aviation are pretty expensive. Since I wear a Clarity Aloft, I think I could use an open face motorcycle helmet. The big unknown is weight. The motorcycle helmet is 1 - 1.5 ponds heaver than most aviation helmets. Do you think this will be a problem? Do you have any experience or opinion on (1) wearing a hard shell helmet or (b) wearing a motorcycle helmet?

Thanks,
Dave

Latest posts

Back