• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Small Biplane for display

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

footloose

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had a friend call wanting to hang a small biplane in his newly (under construction) showroom for his Auto body / Street Rod business . I had sold him a Model A Ford Streetrod last year and could tell that he was flashing on my Smith projects . Not willing to let one of mine go , I told him that I might be able to locate what he's looking for . He wouldn't know the difference in the different designs from the erra of the tiny biplane invasion so I think a Mong , Baby Lakes , Smith or something in that catagory would work out fine . A Pitts would be ideal but the priceing of the breed would most probably scare him off . I will most likely be deeply involved in makin this happen so something with the cover still on , in decent condition that could be repainted etc. I have a lot of pieces and parts like cowlings , nose bowls , and odds and ends to make a nice piece to display . I'd rather see someones efforts from the past be displayed for public viewing than rot , rust , or decay and vanish . He has folks from all over the country stopping in on a daily basis and they bring their families . We never knows when that Aviation spark will develope into a lifelong encounter , sure has him calling me to help make it happen . I don't know what kinda budget he is considering but it has my attention and I'd like to see it come together . If anyone here knows of anything pushed back in a corner and would like to see a new protected life while being preserved in history , post what ya know . This is not a money maker for me , I just would like to be a part of interesting things happening in my community and in the aviation world . Thanx for listening . šŸ’

Latest posts

Back