• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Smith Miniplane N35GD

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B747Inst

Registered Users
Reaction score
So, a long, long time ago (1973-79) in a place far, far away (Corona Airport) my wife and I built this here highly-modifed Smith Miniplane. I first flew her Dec 19, 1979. I painted her all black (because it was widely thought that an all black airplane would confuse the IAC judges when flying an aerobatic sequence). I terrorized S California for many years in her. Then got hired by NWA and flew her from CA to MN (open cockpit, no electrical, and just followed roads) I put over 1000 hours on her with no issues (well, cracked crankshaft flange - O-290G). The innards of the wings were all Acroduster, I-struts instead of N struts, inverted fuel/oil (later in 83) lexan belly and side panels, squared-off tail. She flew GREAT!! and I just rigged her by eyeball... sold her to help purchase our first home. I sure miss her.
IMG_1396 (1).jpg
IMG_1396 (1).jpgget-attachment.aspx (1).jpgIMG_0604.JPGIMG_0605.JPG

Latest posts

Back