• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Steen Aerolab Wing rib kit

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taff

In Remembrance 7/14/20200
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I copied and pasted the paragraph below to try to explain my new thread.

I think I have some troubling news about the wings!

I managed to write the original builder of the project (an older guy). Asking what glue he used to build the wings...

He answered that he used casein glue! after a day or two he again replied; he may have used Weldwood. Which one and / or which Weldwood? who knows!

I think I am going to scrap these wings and start with fresh wood and T88.
This should keep me busy for a couple of months. I'll end up getting the kit from Steen. Laminated spars and ply ribs maybe?

Dang nabbit!
frown.gif

I decided to cut down on my construction time by buying a lot of pre made stuff.
I am in the hole with the wings I believed I had, and I couldn't face starting from scratch with milling raw wood. Yes this costs me more than picking up the lumber from Aircraft Spruce. But for me it's the only way I can survive to complete the project.
If I had bags of money I would have purchased the fully complete wings.

Anyway.
A picture showing a sample of what arrived. Didn't go for the ply ribs. But I did get the Jigs to build the sticks in.

In a couple of months, Steen will ship the spars and stuff.
I'll post a pictures as the T-88 glue dries. (when I get started).

DSCN2278 (800x600).jpg

DSCN2277 (800x531).jpg

DSCN2273 (600x800).jpg

Latest posts

Back