• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Stinson driver maybe-turned-Pitts driver in Oklahoma

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all, got on the forums a year or so ago when I was looking for a Christen Eagle. Been flying since I was a teenager, but about half my total time is in the last 5 years after buying a couple of Stinsons (and getting into gliders). An opportunity has popped up to buy a nice S-1C at my homebase. I had always dismissed the Pitts based on what I'd heard about the poor visibility, and after sitting in the back seat of a Starduster and feeling like I was in a submarine. I was also hung up on finding a two-seater, but it has occurred to me that I would probably rarely get anyone to ride along for acro...might as well get more bang for my buck with a single seater. Plus I realize now that visibility is better. I "tried on" the C that's for sale, and taxied it around a bit. Was a bit surprised how well I fit (6'1" and just under 200lbs), and the visibility thing was a non-issue. I like the plane....just about ready to find someone for a pre-buy (recommendations welcome and appreciated!).

I got hooked on acro when I took a 10hr course back in college in a 150hp Decathlon....most fun I'd ever had. I've done some more acro in another Decathlon in more recent years, and while it was still a blast, it occurred to me that I might get a little bored with that type as I advanced. But wasn't really thinking Pitts until this one popped up!

Matt

Latest posts

Back