• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Swept wing biplanes weight and balance questions.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bentonbee

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi biplane experts,
I have a few questions about weight and balance in swept wing biplanes such as the Jungmeister, Marquart Charger, Skyote, and Jungster 1.
1. Does the swept wing biplanes have a wider range in weight and balance since with wings are swept.

2. How do you figure the weight and balance of a swept wing biplane? I know the mechanics of doing weight and balance in a straight wing biplane but how does the swept wings changes things?

The reason I am asking this is because Rim Kaminskas who designed the Jungster 1 biplane the prototype weighted 606 lbs with a 0-235. Aerobatic max weight is 850 lbs. And gross weight of 1000 lbs. That is almost a 400 lb load and it had a 16 gallon fuel tank in the fuselage that was at the weight and balance area so empty tank did not effect the trim. That is quite a load for a 600 lb plane. ..
I used to sell the plans for the Jungsters for Stan McLeod and I have always wondered this. I have never built a Jungster design nor any plane yet. I talked to Rim on the phone once some years ago, I wish I had thought to ask him these questions, specifically about his wonderful designs.
Thanks all
Mike Townsley

Latest posts

Back