• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

90hp Fly Baby from WA to VA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chad

Registered Users
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Not Biplane related, but if I make a dumb decision, I may never get to fly my EAA Biplane...

A guy at my airport (W96) is looking seriously at a Fly Baby in WA state and he asked me to fly it home for him (assuming it is airworthy, etc). I've done VA to CA before in my old Mustang II, but that was a lot different than this will be (my plane that I was familiar with, 150hp, enclosed cockpit, 12,000' no problem, etc). I took the southern route (N of PHX out, S back) in April that time. What are the recommended ways to cross using the northern route and what is the northern route? A guy at work flew a Piper 108-5 back a few years ago and said he flew the passes and didn't get above 9k'. I stay above the ground (flying around 5k' mountains out here) and have never flown passes and am a little concerned. I think it'd be an interesting trip, but don't want to get in trouble. I've got almost 1700 TT and 400hrs tailwheel in my MII, but that was 6 yrs ago. I will get time in a Champ to get back in the tailwheel grove. Any thoughts?

Thanks, and I'll try and keep my post Biplane related from now on...

Chad

Sent from my iPad using Biplane Forum

Latest posts

Back