• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

A Question About Biplanes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pooch

Reaction score
I've been flying since 1974. But, on and off, like so many other private pilots. I've managed to build less than 500 hours in all that time.
I'm back again, and want to stay back!
I had a little Ercoupe some years back. Fun, but now I'm thinking along the lines of something a little more challenging. So I'm two hours into my tailwheel endorsement.
I've been looking at Cessna 140's, Taylorcrafts, and even Kitfoxes. Then I thought...what about my dream airplane? A Biplane!
Is it doable for someone who isn't loaded with money? Is it a whole lot more expensive than owning a standard, cabin style, airplane?
For some reason I've always thought so. Don't know why.
I'm thinking along the lines of a two seater. Not a Pitts, but an airplane that is a little more docile, with the ability to do some minor airbatics. Maybe something to take an airbatics course in. That would be fun!
But how about maintainance? A lot required? Lotsa wings, struts, wires. Are annuals qiuite a bit higher than they'd be for a Cessna 140?
Well, I titled this post, "A Question About Biplanes." I should have called it ,"A FEW Questions About Biplanes." I'm hoping that I can do this, but like the man said, "If you have to ask how much, you can't afford it !"

Latest posts

Back