• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Acro II V Speeds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cameron

Supporting Member
Reaction score
To give a quick premise. I bought this airplane a couple years ago in pieces. I put it back together and I am now flying it. Its a long story, but to sumarize,the FAA had no records of the airworthiness certificate, or theoperating limitations. I ended up having to haveairplane inspected by a DAR and he had to put it back into Phase I testing. Lesson learned, check paperwork before buying an airplane.

Anyway, I am about to make the phase II log book entry in the log book (it was never done originally), and I was just wondering what others were getting for their V speeds on the Acro II. Mine has a 180hp O-360 and weighs 1080lb empty. Prop is a 76x56 Metal Sensenich. I did take the time to calibrate the airspeed indicator. It is accurate within a few percent. Here's what I'm getting:

Best angle climb 75mph
Best rate climbe85mph
Stall speed 58mph
Best glide speed 80mph

Does this agree with what the rest of you are getting?

Latest posts

Back