• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Acro Sport 1 engine choices....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clsjets

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I am new to this forum, and just picked up a partially completed Acro Sport 1 kit. The project is far enough along...fuselage welding complete, wings ready for leading and trailing edges etc, that it is time to consider engine options so that I can start considering firewall forward options.

I am not a hard acro guy, and my intended mission is to bum around the sky and do the occasion loop or roll,,with a few wing overs. My goal,is to build a simple and light airframe. Minimum electric, maybe even just a starter and a good battery. I flew a Spezio Two Holer for years with just a starter and battery and was never left without enough juice.

So with that in mind I am considering everything from 0-200's , 0-235's to maybe even a 0-320 and probably a metal prop.

What's is the collective group thoughts on these choices?

Latest posts

Back