• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Acroduster Too Spinner Backplate Clearance

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n262ln

Reaction score
Up until recently all my maneuvers in the Acroduster were done at entry speeds of 160 mph or less. Recently I pushed over to 170 mph in an attempt to complete a 360 deg vertical roll. (If you want some entertainment and see what happens when you hold a vertical too long in the Acroduster take a look at .)

Next preflight I noticed that the prop had contacted the spinner backplate and had quarter inch long cuts into each blade/paint about 1/32 inch deep near the trailing edge. Hub was upgraded to B version about two years ago and the blades are FC7666A-2. I assume the blades opened up during the 170 mph dive beyond the backplate clearance limit.

Questions: Are the blades ruined? Is the fix to cut the backplate to accommodate the blade movement? If so, how do I statically get the blades to their stops so see how much clearance I need?

Latest posts

Back