• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Acrosport 1 Gear Dimensions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firstlight

Registered Users
Reaction score
Hello Everybody,

I just did my first 3 landings in an AS1. What a fun airplane. I know I can learn a lot by become good at flying it...

I found the grass landings easy enough (first biplane, so I am not used to being blind). However, the pavement landings have all been eye-openers. Especially in a crosswind.

Can anybody give me the gear width from the plans for the tire centerline to centerline distance? In my mind the AS1 had real wide gear, but when I look at this one it seems both higher and narrower than I remembered form looking at various biplanes at shows, fly-ins, etc.

Cheers!

Wayne

Latest posts

Back