• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Acrosport 2 performance

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greenn17h

Reaction score
Hello all, I'm looking to buy my first airplane. I want somthing aerobatic, and have been considering a Pitts S1. Recently, an Acrosport 2 a few hangars down went up for sale. It's a beautiful airplane. 200 HP, 1013 lb empty. I know the performance won't be anywhere near that of a pitts, but how much worse will it be? I like the idea of the 2nd seat, but I want the performance of the pitts. Does anyone have numbers for anything like Roll rate or vertical penetration?

I've flown aerobatics in mainly in the Pitts S2B & C and decathlon, and a few other random airplanes. How does flying an Acrosport compare to any of those airplanes?

Thanks.

Latest posts

Back