• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

AcroSport wing fairing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randy

Supporting Member
Reaction score
In looking through the plans I cannot find any reference to the fairing material used to cover the intersection between the center section and outer wing so, questions
1) What thickness and grade of material ?
I found 2024T3 x .016x12"x12' used for leading edge material but .016 seems a little thin to me ?
2) Is it permissible to have a butt joint on the top of the wing ?
I ask this only if .016 is to thin and I need to go to thicker material as it would save me from having to purchase a full 4'x8' sheet for these fairings as they are 4" wide x 78" in length

And finally, several years ago at Oshkosh I saw this same fairing installed with no visible fasteners along the edges. I posted this same question here about how? Someone replied and even sent a photo or drawing on how it was done. Somehow I have lost that information :( I vaguely remember a bolt accessed through a hole at the trailing edge that was attached to a flange that pulled the fairing tight around the wing ??

If someone could refresh my memory I promise to have it tattooed to my forearm - - my wife can remind me where I put it . . .
Thank you

Latest posts

Back