• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

AD2 N22JM Flies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EAABipe40FF

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wanted to say, N Double Duce Juliet Mike flies but forgot......

It's finally true, 1200# plus of wood/metal/fabric and flesh/bone defied gravity today. After 2+ hours in front of Bill Finagin Friday it was almost anti climatic (W/O which it might have been more problematic).

I know, no pictures, it didn't happen. Marcia didn't snap a couple shots like I wanted but shot some very poor video on my crappy camera instead which I'll put up if I can figure out how.

I should not have done it, should have waited for a better day. I launched in the Spezio to check cloud height and called Marcia and friends. 3500' was my min. In the hour it took for peanut gallery to arrive it got worse but I didn't notice. Anyway launch was as practiced w/Bill with lift off at 85+, quickly saw 100 and climbed out. Found bottom of clouds was lower so leveled at 2000". Made shallow turns. Trimmed for 120 and she flew hands off. Slowed to 70 and made shallow turns. Did not approach stall, too low and 1.5 X 70 is good enough....have plenty of room to stop @ 100. A quick check of CHT suggests maybe too cold? Good enough so decended and entered pattern @ 100. Can see over the nose fine w/o slipping at 100. Over the fence at 90 and wait, wait, wait.....for her to play off and made as good a landing as I have in a long time. (Thanks to Bill)

Glad that's over! Next time I'll wait for the good day I should have waited for today! I suspect at 22JM's lower weight 85-90 mph may be a better number but we will see... Anyway, pretty satisfied.

One thing does leave me red faced. As I made my first turn on climb out I figured I'd hear Bill suggesting I look at the ball so I beat him to it and looked, and looked, and looked........

If I would have looked on my work bench I would have found two inclinometers sitting there ready to install the one that fit best.

Oh well,

Jack

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back