• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Adjusting the wing rigging

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Equinox145

Registered Users
Reaction score
Guys,
I could use a little advice.

I have recently finished rebuilding my AcroSport II and I have started flying it. It flies well but it has a tendency to roll left requiring a bit of right aileron to keep it level. In the full stall, the right (port) wing stalls first. This tells me that the port side has a higher AoA. I’m not talking big numbers, I think it is a small adjustment.
I have rigged it according to all the info I can gleen from the newsletter and the Acrosport build manual (for an AS1). I am confident that the centre section is properly rigged, equal dihedral on the two lower wings. I worked hard to get the AoA on the 4 wings exactly the same but depending on where I measure, I get small differences.
I want to slightly lower the AoA on the port side and I imagine using some washers between the I struts and the wing. My thinking is that I will need to add some washers to the lower front I strut bolt and the upper aft bolt.
I was also thinking that maybe I simply need to tighten the front flying wires on the right side to pull the leading edge more but I am worried about over tightening them.
Can anyone tell me why this wouldn’t work or suggest a better idea?

Thanks,
Chris

Latest posts

Back