• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Aero Country TX

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

footloose

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally had a weekend where little MaMa and could get a little time away from our two Frenchies . Always told her that when I got rich and famous , I take her on the road with me , well got tired of waitin so I loaded her up and we headed South in Dallas direction . I used to go down there all the time but that was some years ago . Always making regular stops at every airport that I could find . We stopped in at Pappasitas and had lunch but as soon as that was over we went over to an airport by the mane of AeroCountry , right on the outskirts of McKinney right off of 380 . I was surprised how much all had changed . That little spot was booming back in the 80's . I used to stop in and see what Ben , Delmo , Charlie an Stewart and his wife Avril was occasionally there . Nothing really going on at all but I noticed a hanger door partially open about two maybe three hangers North of where I used to go . Old fellow by the name of Tim (pretty sure that's what he said his name was) was reworking a kitty kat door on his hanger (kat's name was Umpah) , black kat . Kat is senior for Cat . I didn't want to overlive my welcome but Tim was kind enough to kinda bring me up to date on some of the who's and whats around the airport , current and back in those days . There was an Aeronca Champ in his hanger and we talked a bit about that and even somehow Don Ort's name came up . Don helped me out one Sunday , at his hanger over in Grayson County , by making all new cables for my champ . Anyway I didn't want to get on Tim's nerves so I moved on to the Ft Worth area , actually right by Texas Motor Speedway and spent the night . We went to the Babes Chicken there in Roanoak and as old memories come back right there close is North Texas Regional . Stopped in there and once again really nothing happening but the little overnight getaway was a token of relief after being couped up with all this Covid Krap . Hope all of you are starting to experience life , kinda like we had it , best I can remember . Thank you for your patience and Happy coming Season . Watch out for the Monkey , thanx again

Latest posts

Back