• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Air-to-Air

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chopmo

Reaction score
Did some air to air photos with a Champ (camera plane) and another Skybolt a couple of weeks ago up in Junction City, KS. It was challenging flying slow and holding formation/position with the Champ. As if to add to the challenge, the photographer wanted us to fly low (1000 ft AGL or so) to bring out the background details. Not a big deal until you do the head on shots whereby you cross control to point the nose at the camera plane. You have to trust the camera plane to steer clear of radio towers, etc. The guy in the other Skybolt is my friend, Rex Heminger...I was too busy looking at the Champ to know how close Rex was to me!

The knife edge pass was done as slow as I could hold it ...about 120 mph.

Ryan Lunde http://www.championairphotos.com/Air-to-Air is the photographer and Doedo Schipper flew Ryan's Champ expertly.
Ryan was very professional with a pre-flight briefing on what wewere going to do and what hand signals he will use. The light was not optimum but I think Ryan did an excellent job. Be sure to check out his other air to air photos - exquisite work.

20110618_161759_rsz_&

20110618_161851_rsz_1knife-edge.jpg
Edited by: Chopmo

Latest posts

Back