• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Airport Dogs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve H

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone come upon any airport dogs at out of the way airports lately?

Back in the early 80's I worked at the Truth or Consequences, NM FSS, and we had a brown airport dog named, appropriately, Brown Dog. He would wait till the planes pulled up to the gas pump and shut down, then come looking for a good scratch between the ears.
Us guys at the FSS took care care of Brown Dog. He got drinks out of the gold fish pond out in front of the FSS. When I would finish my lunch, I would put my plate down and Brown Dog would like it clean. Then I'd put it in my lunch pail and take it home. One day after many months of this routine, when I got home I saw my wife take the plate out and put it on the shelf with the clean plates. I ask her if she was going to wash it, and she thanked me for always washing it at work!
Well, I don't think there have been many lasting effects of us eating after Brown Dog washed up, at least that I've noticed, unless it was how my son would wolf down his meal!
We've got a dog now named Molly and she and I walk our runway 2 or 3 times a day. she is pretty good at formation, tending to be off my left or right hip. But her favorite position is with her nose just out of reach of my heels. Guess we should have named her "Tail End Charlie"!
But I haven't seen airport dogs in quite a few years. I sort of miss those friendly greeters.

Steve H

Latest posts

Back