• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Almost there

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tdpole1

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Guys I have been off the forum for a good while other than seeing what others have posted. I am now 4.3 hours away from having my 40 hour phase 1 hours flown off. Plane has operated flawlessly until yesterday afternoon. After a session of aerobatics I noticed that there was slop in the stick for elevator travel. Still had control but it was like a two stage trigger. Had to move the stick a short distance before I felt positive response. Returned to the airport and in looking for the problem I discovered that the #2 control rod bearing, Fafnir REPB3N-2, had failed. Attachment bolt and bearing exterior was still in good shape but the guts of the bearing were gone. I had done a full inspection in September and all was well. Has anyone else had a problem with Fafnir bearings. I have a new one I'm going to install tomorrow but wondered if there is a better substitute I should be using as I am primarily doing aerobatics.

Hope all have a Merry and Blessed Christmas.

Tad

Latest posts

Back