• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Annealed Vs. Normalized

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bonanzadrv

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score

Is it ok to substitute Annealed 4130 for Normalized 4130???

I am making some gear guesst plates to strengthen my fuse longerons. (for grove gear)

I was in a hurry and ordered from a steel place as oppesed to aircraft supply place. Now after I have cut bent and drilled the piece I realized it is not normalized.

Anyone see a problem using it?? Or should I order more steel?

Thanks Bill

Latest posts

Back