• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Another bolt question - elevator tab

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeF

Reaction score
I'm going through my Bolt and fixing a few items the builder did wrong(exchanging clevis bolts for pins in the pushrods, for example).

Onsheet 11 of the plans, I learned I have the 'alternate' pushrod end, with the welded plate in place of the bushing. During the annual, we found a locking bolt holding the rear elevator pushrod to the elevator horns, necessitating a change in the bolt from locker to a drilled bolt/castlated nut/cotter pins. There isn't any info on the plans about what type of bolt to use for the alternate design.

There is very little room for a bolt (or a hand!) in there, andwith full aft elevator, the horngets close to the tailpost, so I'm limitedinbolt size or else it may bind.

I'veinstalled an AN4-5 bolt and it fits well at full aft elevator, but the shank is a bit short, soone elevator tab rides on the threads.

Anysuggestions on what to do here?

Thanks,
Mike

Latest posts

Back