• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Anyone know how to transmit radio signal through vhf radio to garage door opener?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

an8pilot

Mike
Reaction score
With as much technology engineering type people on board here... I was wondering if anyone knows how to transmit through our airplanes VHF radio onboard to get a better signal range to the automatic door opener on our hangars.

For example I have a hydroswing door with a antenna from the door opener manufacturer mounted on the front top edge of the roof.

But the hand held door opener transmitter doesn't put out too much of a signal even with brand new batteries.

It would be great to have better range as we are slow taxiing in to have the door open to taxi into the hangar or at least under the door onto the concrete if it raining and easily push/pull it inside on the concrete one man instead of out on the grass.

This transmitter, which I have tried to find a new one, just doesn't have much range and needs a clear shot for the relays to stay locked in tight.
Keeps intermittently letting the relays open in the electric actuating box unless really have a clear line of sight to the antennae.

Latest posts

Back