• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

AS II Project - Advise Needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve03G

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I've been a lurker for a while and I'm getting more serious on undertaking another aircraft project (my first was a Vans RV-7A). The open cockpit biplane bug has a firm hold on me and I'm looking forward to a more involved build.

An Acrosport 2 project has become available in my local area; it is being sold by a widow and her son. The builder was a long time member of my EAA chapter. While they do not have a number in mind, if I were to make an offer I want it to be fair. If the fair number chases me away that's OK, at least they will have a starting point. I went out to see the project today and here's where it stands.

Plans:
The plans are available but I'm not sure if everything is there. Does anyone have an index I can use to determine if all the sheets are accounted for?

Wings:
Two wings are structurally complete, varnished, and have their ailerons installed. The center section for the upper wing is structurally complete and varnished. For the two remaining wings, it appears that the wing ribs are complete and one aileron is complete. Hardware appears to be available for the incomplete wings, the spars are not available. Nothing is covered.

Fuselage:
The metal structure is fully welded and painted however the gear is not entirely complete. The control sticks and rudder pedals are installed; movement is free, no binding. The structure to attach the upper wing has not been fabricated and the material is not available. Everything firewall forward is not available, nothing is covered.

Tail Feathers:
The horizontal stabilizers, elevators, and rudder are structurally complete and primed, they are not covered.

Thanks,
Steve

20141004_121225.jpg

20141004_121325.jpg

20141004_121655.jpg

20141004_121335.jpg

Latest posts

Back