• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Aymar-Demuth brand prop on a Pitts S-1S?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickRice

Registered Users
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
My airplane has a stock 0-360-A4A with a Sensenich 76-60 metal prop. It's a relatively low time prop, and I'm thinking about selling it and buying an Aymar-Demuth composite prop from my brother. The AD prop is low time, and was previously installed on a Skybolt with an O-360. The AD propeller is a 76x58.

I've searched the threads here and elsewhere on the internet. Seems like there are a lot of satisfied RV owners who are flying with Aymar-Demuth brand props, but little to no mention of them on Pitts or other acro planes.

I'll be grateful for feedback from anyone with experience, good or bad, with AD-brand props on Pitts or other acro planes.

As additional information, I'm not a hard acro guy, and likely never will be. I like to string garden variety maneuvers together, but I operate pretty much at the Sportsman level. That said, I have some friends who sometimes fly the airplane with much greater proficiency than I, and I don't want to install something that will severely hinder their performance, nor do I want to install something that's been proven not to hold up under more aggressive aerobatic activity, because unless I break it or they bury me in it, the next owner might want to extract more performance from the plane than I do.

Thanks much,

Rick

Latest posts

Back