• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Baby Lakes engine mount length

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shad Bell

Reaction score
Do any of you have any ballpark estimated on max pilot weight on a cont 65 powered baby, mccauly metal prop, short fuselage (original length), and a 12 inch engine mount, no electrics and built as light as practical? I know there are many other variables out there that affect the empty wt c/g,. Are there any baby's out there flying with an A-65 and 180-190lb pilots? I am planning on borrowing some scales this weekend and doing a preliminary wt/ bal. before final paint, and I am wondering if a longer engine mount is in my future. Secondly, what is a safe maximum length mont for a Baby Lakes? Is heavier wall tube needed for a 13-14 inch mount?
Shad

Latest posts

Back