• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Beachboy Staggerwing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beachboylvr

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with the home-built Beachboy Staggerwing? I am new to the sport of flying, with nothing more than a lifetime of dreaming and a few short flights in various light planesfor experience. I have not flown in a Ultralight or Light Sport but feel this is the only way I'll ever be able to break into all the fun that the rest of you people are enjoying. I have a real affinity for all things mechanical and would like to build my own plane. I am a pretty decent welder with experience with tig, mig, and gas procedures, and have no doubt that I can build a safe , reliable airplane. I need some direction as to what would be the best all-round type ofhome-built for a beginner. I really like the Beachboy Staggerwing; low build time and looks like a strong design. But would it be the right plane for a beginner or woulda mono likethe J3 Kitten or the Preceptor N3 Pup be a better choice? (also low build time) Any direction or tips here would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Gerald:

Latest posts

Back