• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Best parachute

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kpin

Reaction score
Has anyone come up with the best parachute for a Skybolt? I have a National 425 and a Strong Para- cushion. The National is a back pack and pushes me too far forward. The strong I had fitted with the a seat cushion and it put me too high. If I remove some of the cushion, the pack is tough on the butt. I also had a security and that interfeared with the stick. I see a fiberglass seat has been designed with a recess to accomodate the back pack. Has anyone any experience with that? I have been told the thin packs, seemingly a good answer, still do not do the job. I believe butler has what thy call an aerobatic chute which is a back pack but is tapered to nothing at the bottom and top. The chute seems to act as a lumbar support. This sounds good but has anyone any experience with it? Another possibility is to find the thinest seat pack and have a foam installed. I believe I would need a 2" seat thickness and then add 2" of foam. I would like something that I could use all of the time not just to do acro. Quite honestly, many time due to the comfort or should I say lack of comfort I either forget the acro or do simple stuff only. I would feel a lot more comfortable with a full time chute.

Ken

Latest posts

Back