• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Big Toot bottom cowling removed from plug today.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sonoftoot

Reaction score
Well, Friday I spent five hours mixing epoxy and laying fiber glass cloth on the plug I spent so many hours on the past few weeks. Today (Saturday) I started remove phase two from the plug! Wow, not easy, the area around the intake tube was tuffest and as you can see from my pictures, I totally destroyed the very expensive plug! But! Look how nice my new lower cowling mold that was created came out! It is funny, now I can complete phase three! Actually make the bottom cowling for Big Toot! This task will now be much easier than phase 1and 2. I also will build another jig to support the new lower cowling mold! AND, I can make future cowlings for you guys wanting to build Big Toot someday! Plans and parts will be made available! Enjoy my happiness with these pictures!

IMG_6683.jpg

IMG_6671.jpg

IMG_6672.jpg

IMG_6675.jpg

IMG_6677.jpg

IMG_6678.jpg

IMG_6680.jpg

IMG_6676.jpg

Latest posts

Back