• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Brake lines on a spring gear Pitts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nick1881

Registered Users
Reaction score
Have an S1S/T project with the grove spring gear that I have a couple questions on. This particular grove gear has a channel grove on the aft side all the way down to glue the hard lines into. First question is where do you other spring gear guys put your fuel vent tube?

Next, how are you routing the flexible lines from each master cylinder to the hard lines that are on the aft side of the gear? Are you going between the gear and the fire wall or over the top and then down aft of the gear?

Lastly, I’ll be doing the remote fluid reservoir on the fire wall per the plans. In my plans from the bulkhead tee that comes through the fire wall there is a line that then goes up to the fluid reservoir. That line is called the “brake supply line 1-231-23”, however I’m having trouble finding what material that line is? Is it aluminum 5052-O? Or something else.

Appreciate all the help I can get, and if there is anyone out there with a spring gear willing to take pictures that would REALLY be appreciated!

FE50CF99-F58C-4721-A1C6-103381F4B19A.jpg

A2E8CC98-6EC0-4C8F-8180-C9EFFBB87295.jpg

B5277CC0-9AF7-407C-A956-B6FF7FA7584F.jpg

98ED46F7-F5F2-41BA-A629-4C623D2CC829.jpg

Last edited:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back