• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

BRAKE LINES

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

footloose

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I need a bit of guidance on the type of brake line for my Smith project . I'v got a Grove firewall reservoir / Matco master cylinders and / Gerdes brakes with2'' caliper . I have welded 3/8 X .035 bushings in the front legs of my landing gear (stream lined tube) to be able to run the lines inside and not interfere with the fabric covering . I'm looking at teflon/nylon from the master cylinders to the calipers and possibly braided from the reservoir down to the master cylinders , with a T , of course . I have a fairly tight turn at the upper end of the landing gear that would not be a problem with the plastic but a hard line would be difficult . Any ideas , toss um my way . Thanx

Attachments

• Photo2040.jpg
    Photo2040.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 64
  • Photo1963.jpg
    Photo1963.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 61

Latest posts

Back