• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Build Hours

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeatZ

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good day,

I am new to the forum but not new to aviation, I’m hitting about 35+ years in. I know this is an age old question and after several carefully worded searches and a few hours reading on the forum, I am not sure I’ve reached a conclusion. Trying to make a difficult decision and time is not my friend, not out of the game yet but I’ve been moved to second string for sure. Has anyone made a complete scratch build anywhere near the 3000 hour estimate? I am not looking to build a show winner, or complex cross country flyer. Just a basic aircraft for weekend fun and 3-4 mid-range, fair-weather trips through out the year but I’d like to do it in about 60 months, part-time (10-20 hours a week). If I can’t get close the that then I may take another route.

Thanks for your input, there is an enormous wealth of information here and such a great group of folks, I am blessed to have found it.

DeatZ

Latest posts

Back