• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Building a workshop....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So if you had the chance to build a workshop from scratch, what would your must haves be?

The space I am building is a detached garage (man cave). 28'x40'. Single story, scissor trusses for a cathedral ceiling sitting on 12' walls. 12x12 garage door.
Being in the warmer south of Canada (oxymoron?) I am planning to heat with hydronic heating in 6" wire reinforced slab.

Electrical will be 100 amp service 220v single phase.

Things I need to discover is interior finishing.

For the walls I was thinking of using white barn style steel roofing panel, and then for wall storage make French cleat from 1x6 pine boards.

If any or you have a scissor car lift, I would like to know what you think of it.

I am looking at a fixed 60 gallon compressor and hard plumbing shop air. There are air piping kits out there, (Maxline Tubing 3/4") but I was thinking of using 1" black steel pipe. Any suggestions?

Lighting is likely to be regular fluorescent tube.

Not forgetting internet or maybe tv, I am going to bury in a line from the house.

Any "likes" in your shop you cannot do without, or wishes you had.

Thanks,
Ryan

Latest posts

Back