• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Building my dream bipe!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

christopher

Reaction score
Hi, My name is Christopher, though I usually go by Chris.
I am building a Baby Lakes from a kit and working on my pilot's license. The Plane still has a long way to go, and so do I.
I am a Master Auto Mechanic, Auto Restorer, and a Machinist. I've been studying aircraft construction for years and finally got the nerve to go for it.
My Baby Lakes has a few modifications and I am considering a few more. The landing gear are longer than stock, it has provision for elevator trim, the rudder is larger, the ribs are cnc cut av/plywood.
I have a pre-WWII Franklin 4AC/176 (4cyl, 65hp.) I am contemplating using. The logbook shows it was factory reconditioned in 1944. I still have to give it the twice-over to ensure it can be revived, not to mention finding parts as needed.
Recently, I have become enthralled with the Rotec radial. Wouldn't that make for a neat looking plane? Especially with the Kitfox cowling...
I have also been considering clipping the wings 3", a canopy, and taller empennage.
I am missing part of the plans, and would like to find a used set. (Yes, I knew this when I bought it, but I just had to have it!)
Glad to meet everyone and Thanks for sharing!
Chris

Latest posts

Back