• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Canopy Latch Ideas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stubleduck

Reaction score
I know the AcroSport is to be flown open cockpit, but....for those of us who want to fly year round and live in Michigan, a removable canopy works. I'm wondering if anyone out there hassome canopy latch ideas that would work on a slider? I'd like to be able to open from insideor outside and possible use something like a spring loaded plunger to lock the rail slide. The plunger on the top of a bi-fold door would be one example (only to large) and www.mcmaster.com has a spring plunger part number 8692a211 that might be a good starting point. Would appreciate any comments.

Latest posts

Back