• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Cashflyer's Skybolt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cashflyer

Reaction score

Greetings.
I just registered today and thought I should introduce myself to the group.

About me:
Born in '68, I am DOM at a Part 145 repair facility. I hold an A&P with inspector authorization. I am a commercial pilot, and formerly was also a CFII.

I am the caretaker of our company owned Cessna 172N. We also have a 172M that I will be rebuilding this winter.

About 12 years ago I rebuilt a KR-2 that had been left derelict. I never flew it, instead selling it onward to somebody who fit the cockpit better than I.

About the plane:
Last week, I purchased a partially completed project. I initially thought it was a Skybolt, but sent photos to David Stone at Steen and he identified it as a Firebolt.

The fuselage is 95% complete and has an AEIO-360 engine.
The wings are skeletons. Ribs are on the spars. Lower wings have leading and trailing installed, however the upper does not.

As best as I can tell from the papers that I received, the project was active between 1992 and 1996. I don't find any receipts past 1996.

There was considerable hangar dust collected on the wings, and now that I have them clean I have found two broken ribs, and varnish that is in generally poor condition. I will sand everything down, fix the ribs, and apply a fresh coat of EV-400.

Regards.

Edited by: cashflyer

Latest posts

Back