• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Cheapest Covering Process to Use

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buck_justice

MikeH
Reaction score
I'll probally get stomped for this question but here goes anyway!
What is the cheapest covering process to use? I just found an EAA Biplane sitting in a hangar for the last 13 years. Built in the mid 80s.
The fabric is dated obviously, but live, and the internal structure is in surprisingly good condition. I am considering a couple options. One sanding the snot out of it and shooting it with enamal. Or, Two take out my knife, strip and recover it. Down side to recovering is about a grand invested in a plane that's not worth but about what the engine is worth. Not even considering my time of course. 120 bucks will buy the dacron. But all the processes I know about are high dollar. One guy told me to just use latex? Any better ideas out there?

Latest posts

Back