• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Christen Eagle.....again.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RKO

Registered Users
Reaction score
Howdy!

Former owner here (3 of em!) N651M, N93JH, N3784S. Surprised I can still remember the N numbers ...and all of them are still flying!

First soloed one when I was 17. Best bang for the buck in my opinion and I moved up later to Factory Pitts and 2 Extra 300S's. High dollar and high performance but not needed for my present lifestyle.

I still have an aileron kit --completed and some lower wing ribs, checking the latest Aviat price list I see they haven't changed one bit! So I will going to look for a ragged out runout Eagle and recover and upgrade as needed (3 Blade MT, Avionics, carbon stuff from Benny etc)

Was lucky enough to fly with the late Bob Herendeen in my first eagle and got first hand spin training--funny I noticed the usual suspects on these forums (I think a few of you are Facebook friends)

So back to lurking or making .50 cent opinions. Will be looking for a good deal Eagle I can imagine a lot of them are 30+ year old machines needing some love, I have noticed some I wouldn't fly 10+ years ago are still sitting in the back of a hangar listed for sale a 65K+!

Randy
Kemah Texas :)

Latest posts

Back