• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Christen Inverted Oil pressure drop

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssmdive

Reaction score
Straight and level flight back to the airport after a session of mainly snap rolls. Flying about 40 miles XC on one of my scans saw my oil pressure fluctuate like in the video about half the way home.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enS1NWhdgFw[/ame]

My OP is usually 85 unless I am transitioning.

The rest of the flight I was watching it like a hawk with the destination airport the closest airport to put down and swamp below me. I climbed till I was almost in the overcast and spent the rest of my time watching the OPG and running the schematic in my head. When I had the destination airport "made", I rolled inverted for 30 seconds or so and then back upright to try and seat the ball... The fluctuation continued.

I grounded the plane and missed the next practice day. I could not work on it that day because I am the box holder and I had to drive to the airport to man the box so others could fly.

One mechanic said that I have dirty or corroded balls in the valve. Another thinks it might be on the oil pickup.

Suggestions?

Latest posts

Back