• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

circuit breaker specs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harleygaz

Reaction score
Hi. I am thinking of putting a 60amp circuit breaker on the engine side of the firewall in my Starduster between alternator and battery contactor to protect the main supply to the buss and also in case the alternator goes rogue and delivers >60 to the battery. My questions are a) is this a good thing to do and b) will the engine bay environment be too hot for the breaker to function properly i.e. trip to early. It's from AC Spruce but they don't list the manufacturer or any helpful specs. Not Tyco or Klixon. I won't be IFR and I'll have steam gauges for the basic stuff and battery for the GPS and back up radio so losing the whole supply would be inconvenient but not catastrophic (I hope!).

Cheers
Gary
N503CM

Latest posts

Back